The once reserved nut-butter for peanuts and basically used as a sandwich filler are now significantly replacing cream cheese, mayonnaise, and many other tasty bread spreads, and for a good reason. From cashew to almond to walnut to sesame, nut butters have reached the store shelves and gained immense recognition by health experts and foodies alike.
Despite their bad reputation for having a high-fat content, nut butters include all-natural, healthy fats that are good for the heart, managing cholesterol, and even minimizing the risk of type 2 diabetes. Nut butters are especially great for people with peanut butter allergies as they can enjoy a broader range of yummy sandwich spreads and the many health benefits of nut butter.
Nut Butters – A Healthier, Tastier and More Nutritional Alternative
Nut butters offer kids and adults power-packed energy, delicious taste, and a nutrient-rich form of nourishment. They can enhance the flavor of various recipes and also serve as a quick and filling snack option that blends well into our busy lifestyles.
Nuts and nut butter contribute significantly towards maintaining a healthy diet. For most people without allergies, the health benefits of including seeds and nuts in their daily diet are widespread. One of the most delectable and easiest ways to do so is via the escalating range of delicious nut butter spreads cropping up on the shelves of supermarkets.
By incorporating nut butters in cooking or including them in your snacks and meals, you’re automatically increasing the level of nutrients in your food. According to one of the registered dietitians at the Cedars-Sinai Nutrition Counseling Services, Andrea Hasson, nut butters comprise a mixture of nutrients like protein, fiber, phosphorous, B-vitamins, vitamin E, and zinc.
The blend of good protein, healthy fats, and dietary fibers helps in keeping blood sugar levels stable, supporting nerve function, enabling the production of healthy hormones, improving digestion, losing weight, and protecting cell membranes.
Stone Ground Nut butters vs. Commercial Nut Butters
While browsing through the shelves of your local supermarket or scrolling through your favorite online retailer’s pages, you’ll most likely come across various options for nut butters, including many varieties, brands, and production methods. But, you must always consider reaching out for certified raw and organic stone-ground nut butters.
Stone grinding is a method of production using incredibly smooth granite wheels for grinding food. The minimal friction enables the nuts’ temperature to be maintained at low levels throughout the grinding process. This preserves the nuts' flavors and nutrients while also providing a creamy taste with a smooth and silky texture.
Contrariwise, commercial peanut butters undergo a lot of processing using blades that initially chop up the peanuts and generate a certain amount of heat during the process. This heat evidently changes the taste of the peanuts and degrades the essential healthy oils and key vitamins, thus decreasing nutritional quality.
- Stone-ground nut butters are naturally packed with beneficial nutrients like vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and essential fats.
- Stone-ground nut butters are pure and organic. Organic products protect your body from genetically modified ingredients and toxic chemicals like carcinogenic pesticides and herbicides.
- Stone-ground nut butters are made with genuinely raw, organic seeds and nuts, and they taste incredible! The minimal amount of processing used results in the complexity and purity of the flavor. The absolute taste difference alone is reason enough to opt for organic, pure, raw stone-ground nut butters.
- Stone-ground nut butters provide a silky, smooth texture with an unparalleled creaminess that defines decadence. The super creamy spread with perfectly broken down levels of consistency is versatile to work with and lends excellently to an array of recipes.
7 Health Benefits of Nut Butters
Besides having good taste, there are numerous health benefits that we can profoundly benefit from. Let’s check them out.
1. Packed With Nutrients
High proteins and fibers are not the only things that are good for health. Nuts contain plenty of nutrients in themselves, like folic acid, vitamins E, B6, and B7, zinc, potassium, magnesium, niacin, copper, etc.
- Magnesium is particularly good for your bones, muscles, nerves, blood pressure, blood sugar, and even DNA. Almonds, peanuts, and cashew nuts, and nut butters contain plenty of magnesium.
- Vitamin B7, also known as biotin, is another nutrient that plays a vital role in helping your body process the sugar, fat, and protein you consume. It also keeps your skin healthy and maintains your blood sugar levels.
Watch out for the ingredients on the nut butter brand you go for, as some contain added sugar, salt, oils, unhealthy fats, and preservatives that can cause more harm than good. The best nut butters are usually sugar-free (except in some cases).
2. Good Fat
Most of the fat is unsaturated in nuts, which is ideally better than the trans-fat in processed foods or saturated fat found in different kinds of meat. This might ultimately help in stabilizing your insulin and blood sugar.
3. Weight Control
Even though nuts contain a high amount of fats, it doesn’t mean you need to avoid them. The high fiber and high protein make you feel energized and complete, which helps you consume fewer calories and lose weight.
4. Include in Various Diets
If you are on a diet, chances are you will stick to your diet more if you eat nuts. Nut butter is an excellent option for vegan or vegetarian people, as they can include many different kinds of nut butters in their diet plan.
Those who follow the Paleo diet are probably used to eating foods in their unprocessed, whole forms. Nut butters made from macadamias, cashews, almonds, and hazelnuts can all be classified as Paleo, but they should only contain nuts. If any artificial preservatives, additives, or flavorings are mentioned on the label, it won’t be classified as Paleo.
In addition, certain nut butters are also suitable to take if you are on a Keto diet, as they’re high in protein and fat. These include coconut butter and macadamia nut butter. Some other nut butters made out of hazelnut, pecan, walnut, cashew, and almonds can also be taken in a Keto diet, but under moderation.
5. Plenty of Antioxidants
These include minerals such as manganese and selenium and plenty of other substances like phenols, flavonoids, polyphenols, etc. Nuts are loaded with them, and together, they work jointly to help protect your cells. This could partly be the reason why people who consume more nut butters and nuts have healthier hearts and are likely to stay protected against colon cancer.
6. Keep Cholesterol in Check
Excessive cholesterol can make your arteries stiff and escalate the chances of heart disease or a stroke. Almonds and several other tree nuts tend to lower your cholesterol levels when it rises. Generally, our body makes most of the cholesterol, but some of it might be gained from the food we eat. Fortunately, nuts have a minimal amount or practically none of that stuff.
7. Prevent and Control Type 2 Diabetes and Heart Diseases
Nut butters are excellent as they help control the high level of fats (lipids) and sugar (glucose) in your blood and control weight gain, which are huge contributing factors that can lead to Type 2 Diabetes. Moreover, they keep the lining of blood vessels healthy and stretchy, which prevents multiple cardiovascular problems linked to diabetes.
Picking the Best Nut Butter
Undoubtedly, the number of brands and varieties of nut butter shelved in grocery stores continues to rise. But, more important than the kind of nut butter to choose is to see what is included in the ingredients list.
Choose a product that contains your choice of nut and skip any nut butter with added sugar, salt, preservatives, additives, flavorings, as well as hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
If you want a brand of nut butter that includes all the health benefits we’ve talked about, look no further than One Nut by Purithea – a brand that has mastered the true art of cold-pressed and stone-ground nut butters. Experience the difference for yourself.
What is One Nut?
One Nut is a complete health-focused nut butter that’s driven by a long-standing processing philosophy. Our nut butters are made with natural ingredients and the highest-quality nuts that are cold-pressed and slowly stone-ground into a silky, smooth, buttery paste, and then quickly bottled to preserve the optimum freshness.
Taking its inspiration from peanut butter's culinary and health benefits, One Nut offers an extensive line of silky, smooth textured, and uniquely flavored nut butter made from coconut, pistachio, walnut, cashew, hazelnut, and apricot seeds to fulfill your needs.
Our simple and purely crafted nut butter incorporates the perfect balance of protein, healthy fats, and vitamins, and the stone-grinding (cold press) process preserves all vitamins and healthy macro elements. It has no sugar and is completely free from artificial preservatives and additives.
Shop for One Nut Premium Nut Butters at Purithea
If you aren’t allergic to tree nuts, then you should definitely check out One Nut’s impressive range of heart-healthy nut butters and enjoy the many health benefits they have to offer. Here is the complete product range:
- Coconut & Apricot Seeds
- Coconut & Cashew
- Pine Nut
- Apricot Seeds
Why You Should Use One Nut
- It is high in antioxidants and contains valuable fatty acids, a rich source of vegetable proteins, and high nutritional-value minerals and vitamins.
- It is cold-pressed and stone-ground. The cold press stones slowly grind the nuts without undergoing heat treatments that destroy the nutrients while retaining all the benefits of seeds and nuts.
- It doesn’t contain any sugar (except in a few cases), colors, preservatives, artificial additives, and flavors.
- It has valuable properties and taste characteristics of the original constituents.
- It is acquired by crushing seeds or nuts with stone milestones, and the oil that is released during this steeps the mashed mass.
- It is also perfect for vegans and/or vegetarians.
- It nourishes your skin and hair.
- It fortifies the immune system, normalizes cholesterol levels, and stimulates metabolic processes.
- It boosts energy levels, concentration, and memory and also enhances calmness.
If you start incorporating such foods as part of your keto/paleo/vegan diet, or any diet whatsoever, your anxieties and worries are bound to be replaced with optimistic thoughts, and you will start to feel more confident.
Nut butters are healthy and environment-friendly. With the vast array of health benefits they have to offer, it is no secret why they can significantly affect our emotions and thoughts too.